To love yourself, you must
1. Identify who you are.
* Who are you when no one is watching?
* Are you able to differentiate who you are and who you want to be or like to be?
* Who would you rather be?
* Who do others say you are?
2. Acknowledge and Accept who you are.
You are who you are, there is no reason to feel bad about who you are but you can do something about being the better or best version of you and that only comes with self-acceptance and self-work.
* Take the time to work on being the best version of you first of all and most importantly for yourself.
* When you start truly appreciating who you are then others will be able to appreciate you.
You are what you think you are, and people will see you just the way you see yourself (inner self).
3. Make contact with your inner self
* Do an honest self-assessment
* Face your inner obstacles and resistance
* Find your fears/worries and face them